Deviant from the Norm

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Simplicity rocks, my HBC doesn't

Simplicity.
A rare commodity these days, though I think there is always a way to simplify situations. Without delving straight into denial, that is.
The situation at home is this:
I choose leaving, or continuing to live in this house.
I seperate now or put it off.
Period.

Moving on, today was a fucking productive kind of day...the kind where I do absolutely nothing that comes back to bite me in the ass, and nobody got offended. OK, sometimes its much more fun of a day if I get to offend some people, but at least no furniture was broken in my house, yo.
I dropped my math class after attending exactly one time. I figured you don't make a rush decision about these things. I will be taking it during the second summer session, with a teacher who is not a complete Nazi Bitch, or a ADHD spaz. Hopefully NCCU employs such a person in the Math department. Please God.
This school just blows my mind for the simple fact that unless a student has a natural fairly high intelligence, and enough variety in their life experience, they will not emerge from NCCU a smarter student than when they enrolled.
So where does all this tuition money go, you might ask?
In some university fat cat alumni's pocket, probably. From experience at ECU, behind the scenes at alumni functions (because the band got to play at that shit and drink for free), all the alumni do if they are still in tune with their alma mater is donate a shitload of cash to tailgating and gay alumni parties. In essence, much of this tuition money is going towards some old farts living it up and still hiring unqualified teachers for their historically-black-college. HBC's used to use money for minority scholarships, and I benifited from this for a year...but now they "ran out of money for those things", and so, alas we pay for alumni cocktail parties instead.

At least in the end I get that piece of paper, and I know that that honor cord I will wear will be earned regardless.
I would say I should teach at this school one day, but I don't think I could deal with knowing I have colleagues that make what I do to pick their nose and ass all day and not teach.
Bitchy, maybe, but I have been here for almost 3 years...
I sit back and observe more than anyone realizes.......







Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home